Thanks to a $2 million grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, this unique partnership will provide increased access to evidence-based, trauma-informed assessments and treatments for children and families in the Milwaukee area.
Introducing Project Thrive
At Wellpoint Care Network, we believe everyone deserves the chance to live their best life. But we also know that finding a quality professional close to you can be difficult and time-consuming.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and the Medical College of Wisconsin to bring customized mental health support services directly to you.
Who is Project Thrive for?
The program serves children and their family members who have experienced any or all of the following:
- Family Separation
- Other trauma or mental health challenges
Our therapists meet with both youth and staff, participating in family events and summer programming. The program supports families by:
- Developing relationships with youth at the clubs, interacting in the neighborhood and meeting with key resources in each location.
- Meeting with youth to discuss mental health concerns through a universal screening process and connect to easy access support and treatment.
- Offering high quality, trauma focused treatment to individuals and groups supporting mental health needs of the youth.
- Club-wide and open to the community training on Mental Health First Aid and Trauma Informed Care.
- Meeting with parents and caregivers to support their needs and provide connections to resources within the community
Project Thrive Inquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields
Where is Project Thrive located?
Project Thrive services are currently provided at the Mary Ryan, Davis and Fitzsimonds Boys and Girls Clubs. If your child attends a different club location, transportation can be provided.
Over the next four years, additional club sites will be added to continue providing easy and accessible care in a trusted community setting. We are excited to be an active part of your community of care!